The April meet for the SoCal XC league is scheduled for this weekend in San Diego. We are aiming at two days of flying at Laguna with a fallback of horse. Fingers crossed for good weather! Just a reminder that to participate you should have the following done before Saturday morning:
- Registered for the league: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jl8dG6FAQYMWQesFhYTANb5ncKjqWy7TulZvB8yJ7Pk/viewform
- Become a member of the SDHGPA here (week/month/year options available): http://www.sdhgpa.com/ | http://frink.machighway.com/~sdhgpaco/SDHGPA/Membership.html
- Be a P3 with turbulence sign-off or higher
- Have a HAM radio and ideally be licensed, but listening is ok and transmitting in emergencies is permitted. Hopefully the retrieve can be mostly co-ordinated through SPOT and cell phones.
- Waypoints for the sites are available here: http://www.socalxcleague.com/resources/San%20Diego.wpt
To manage the details of this event I would like pilots that are thinking of attending to fill out this sign-up form so I can get sufficient infrastructure for retrieves. The cost for the event will be $10/day, however to pay for drivers and gas for the site I will be collecting another $25/day to ensure we keep drivers and vehicle owners happy. For those that haven't flown here before the types of flights we see are long downwind tasks that require a significant amount of effort to be picked up. If we end up at Horse this will be handled differently since the logistics are far less difficult:
I will send out an email on Thursday night after I have spoken to the site gurus on the weather for the weekend. The weather at Laguna is not the most reliable but when it hits the site is fantastic and I highly recommend getting out to fly with us to explore this hidden gem in Southern California!